Bourbon Baked Ham
Because of its simple ingredient list, easy preparation and unbeatable flavor, this baked ham is one you'll come to rely on often. The honey-bourbon glaze not only looks lovely, but also helps to seal in the meat's juices. —Jean Adams, Waycross, Georgia
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours 20 min.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 2
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir
- until smooth.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until
- a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with
- remaining glaze. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces ham equals 379 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,958 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer