- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring strawberries and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until softened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds and pulp.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water. Return strawberry puree to saucepan. Add the wine, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mint.
- Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve in shot glasses. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bountiful Berry Sips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p226
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Bountiful Berry Sips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review