Boston Subs Recipe
My mother has been making these wonderful sandwiches since she left her hometown of Boston many years ago. They're quick to prepare and travel well if tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. The recipe is great for parties if you use a loaf of French or Italian bread instead of the individual rolls.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 submarine sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 pound each thinly sliced bologna, deli ham, hard salami, pepperoni and olive loaf
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Spread mayonnaise on inside of buns. Brush with half of the salad dressing. Layer deli meats and cheese on bun bottoms. Top with onion, tomato, pickles and lettuce. Sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with remaining dressing. Replace bun tops. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Boston Subs in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p28
Reviews for Boston Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2008
delicious..thanks...i make this everytime we go out for a picnic... this one is a keeper.