- lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- For custard, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually
- stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture
- into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat
- in custard.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over top of
- cake. Refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.