This impressive dessert can be made without much fuss. It's pretty, tasty and very popular.—Clara Honeyager, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
- 4 packages yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 11 cups cold milk
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 jars (16 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 96 maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- Prepare and bake cakes according to package directions, using four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2-3 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Cut each cake into 24 pieces; split each piece horizontally. Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of pudding between layers. Spread each with 1 tablespoon fudge topping and garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 96 servings.
Originally published as Boston Cream Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p54
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review