- 4 packages yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 11 cups cold milk
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 jars (16 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 96 maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- Prepare and bake cakes according to package directions, using four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2-3 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Cut each cake into 24 pieces; split each piece horizontally. Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of pudding between layers. Spread each with 1 tablespoon fudge topping and garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 96 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie(18)
Sort By :
Easy to make, family loved it!
I broke it down to one cake mix, and made the icing with the fudge topping, but instead of heating it, (where it breaks down the molecules)I added a little white Karo syrup to it to make it spreadable consistency. Yummy! I have in the past made it with my homemade cooked pudding when time permits. When I make it in round cake pans I add fresh raspberries or strawberries on top instead of the cherry. Great crowd pleaser for all ages. Goes fast at bake sales, too!!
anneamie - do you have a good pastry filling recipe you can share ? Please print !
Why on earth wouldn't you just make it with two 8" cake pans and put the cream between them instead of cutting up a bunch of pieces. I haven't tried this recipe yet but that is certainly what I will do.
It was without a doubt one of the easiest recipes to make and I also cut it down to make one pan instead of 4 pans.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Boston Cream Pie >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >