- 4 packages yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 11 cups cold milk
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 jars (16 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 96 maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- Prepare and bake cakes according to package directions, using four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2-3 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Cut each cake into 24 pieces; split each piece horizontally. Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of pudding between layers. Spread each with 1 tablespoon fudge topping and garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 96 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie
"I LOVE this recipe....for 96. I wish there were more of these!!!!!!!!!!!! I work in an elementary school with 75 teachers plus custodians, secretaries, etc and this is PERFECT. I am also thesocial chairman for our church and this recipe is a "no brainer". Please send MORE of these crowd pleasers."
"Easy to make, family loved it!"
"I broke it down to one cake mix, and made the icing with the fudge topping, but instead of heating it, (where it breaks down the molecules)I added a little white Karo syrup to it to make it spreadable consistency. Yummy! I have in the past made it with my homemade cooked pudding when time permits. When I make it in round cake pans I add fresh raspberries or strawberries on top instead of the cherry. Great crowd pleaser for all ages. Goes fast at bake sales, too!!"
"anneamie - do you have a good pastry filling recipe you can share ? Please print !"
"Why on earth wouldn't you just make it with two 8" cake pans and put the cream between them instead of cutting up a bunch of pieces. I haven't tried this recipe yet but that is certainly what I will do."