Boston Cream Pie
This impressive dessert can be made without much fuss. It's pretty, tasty and very popular.Clara Honeyager, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
96 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 4 packages yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 11 cups cold milk
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 jars (16 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 96 maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- Prepare and bake cakes according to package directions, using four
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for
- 2-3 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Cut each cake
- into 24 pieces; split each piece horizontally. Place about 1 heaping
- tablespoon of pudding between layers. Spread each with 1 tablespoon
- fudge topping and garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 96
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.