- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a thick glaze; set aside.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with pudding. Top with the second cake layer. Spoon chocolate glaze over the top, allowing it to drip down sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie with Chocolate Glaze
Sort By :
Quick, easy, and tasty too.
made this for boyfriends bday. he has to be gluten free. always nervous tryin new. used gf cake mix. came out wonderful! easy recipe to convert! can't wait to make for family function.
Swedeheart-- I'd love to have your F.F. recipe for Bav. Cream! 'Bet it's fantastic in this and other recipes.
Made this tonight for my husband's birthday and we LOVED it. Very good.
Really good, but for the custard layer I prefer Bavarian Cream (The Fannie Farmer Cookbook). Let me know if anyone wants the recipe. It is my staple recipe for cream puffs, cream pie filling and cake filling.