Convenient cake and pudding mixes help create this delectable dessert in no time.—Edwina Olson, Enid, Oklahoma
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a thick glaze; set aside.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with pudding. Top with the second cake layer. Spoon chocolate glaze over the top, allowing it to drip down sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Boston Cream Pie in Country Woman November/December 2004, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie with Chocolate Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review