Boston Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; mix well. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk until blended.
- Coat two 9-in. round baking pans with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; add batter. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Place one cake layer on a serving plate; top with filling and remaining cake layer.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over top of cake, allowing some glaze to drape down the sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie(20)
Sort By :
cake is way to dense. It had no flavor.
I made this last night and I was nervous it wouldn't turn out after reading these reviews but it was great! Yes, the cake is a little heavier you may expect but it works well as a combination. I used all-purpose flour and 1% milk - I think this is a fantastic, impressive dessert and I will definitely make it agin.
Each layer is supposed to be only about an inch high. It is a Boston Cream PIE, not CAKE. Watch you baking time closely to avoid dryness, all ovens do not cook the same
cake was dry and flatter than the picture showed. the concept is great, but the cake is what failed it. Pretty bad for me when I'm happy to give half away
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Boston Cream Pie >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >