- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2/3 cup prepared vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Filled paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a small tip. Fill with pudding. Push the tip through the top to fill each cupcake.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Spoon over cupcakes. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Everyone thought these were delicious. Unfortunately, the cake soaked up all the puddling, so people actually thought I'd left it out. Next time I'll assemble right before serving."
"They are great recipes!"
"I want more yield than 6. Hope it's okay to double the recipe next time."
"the vanilla pudding was absorbed too much, they were good if you like boston creme donuts though - USE ALOT OF PUDDING IN EACH"
"I MADE THESE AND THEY WERE SO GOOD!I love boston cream pie. Thanks for another good tasting cup cake!"