Boston Cream Cake Recipe
Folks who like Boston Cream Pie will love this cake. It's a cool and creamy treat for the taste buds.—Michelle Mirich, Youngstown, Ohio
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon extract. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; refrigerate. In a heavy saucepan or microwave; melt chocolate and butter, stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Stir in hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth. Split cake into two horizontal layers. Spread pudding on bottom layer. Place second layer over pudding. Pour chocolate glaze over top, letting it drizzle down the sides. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC