- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon extract. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; refrigerate. In a heavy saucepan or microwave; melt chocolate and butter, stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Stir in hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth. Split cake into two horizontal layers. Spread pudding on bottom layer. Place second layer over pudding. Pour chocolate glaze over top, letting it drizzle down the sides. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Boston Cream Cake(2)
Sort By :
made for very picky and opinionated boyfriend who has to be gluten free. used gf cake mix and it came out wonderful. he gives it 5 stars!! can't wait to make for family function.
The only thing changed was we didn't have a box mix so my hubby made a yellow cake from scratch!! It was wonderful!! I will be letting him make this one again!!