Boston Cream Angel Cake Recipe
You can prepare this delectable dessert in no time. To change this cake to your family's liking, try different flavors of instant pudding or different ice cream toppings.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Split cake into three horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Replace cake top. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat hot fudge topping; stir in remaining milk. Drizzle over cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC