Borage Party Spread
Downy gray-green leaves and sky-blue star-shaped flowers make a delightful attraction in a garden. This herb is an annual and has a cucumber-like flavor. Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- Snack bread, toasted English muffins or miniature bagels
- Young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and garlic salt until smooth. Stir
- in the red pepper and carrot. Spread over bread. Garnish with
- borage leaves and flowers if desired. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 102 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.