Downy gray-green leaves and sky-blue star-shaped flowers make a delightful attraction in a garden. This herb is an annual and has a cucumber-like flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- Snack bread, toasted English muffins or miniature bagels
- Young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and garlic salt until smooth. Stir in the red pepper and carrot. Spread over bread. Garnish with borage leaves and flowers if desired. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Borage Party Spread in Birds & Blooms April/May 1999, p55
Reviews for Borage Party Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review