Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing
It is so easy to make your own salad dressings at home. This one is so flavorful and keeps so well in the fridge, that you will be making it often.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mixed salad greens
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover
- and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad
- greens. Garnish with borage flowers if desired. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.