It is so easy to make your own salad dressings at home. This one is so flavorful and keeps so well in the fridge, that you will be making it often.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mixed salad greens
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad greens. Garnish with borage flowers if desired. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing in Birds & Blooms April/May 1999, p55
Reviews for Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2014
"We've grown borage for a number of years and this recipe is a great way to showcase its mild cucumber flavor. Although my husband and I enjoyed the recipe as it was printed, we liked it even better after I added fresh dill and chives."