- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mixed salad greens
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad greens. Garnish with borage flowers if desired. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing in Birds & Blooms April/May 1999, p55
Reviews for Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2014
"We've grown borage for a number of years and this recipe is a great way to showcase its mild cucumber flavor. Although my husband and I enjoyed the recipe as it was printed, we liked it even better after I added fresh dill and chives."