This cute boot cake is easily shaped from pieces of a 9-inch x 13-inch cake. I tinted some of the cream cheese frosting to pipe on details. It was a fitting and delicious centerpiece for our cowboy buffet.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + freezing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring of your choice
- Skittles bite-size candies
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using prepared
- pan. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Wrap and freeze overnight.
- Cover a 20-in. x 15-in. board with gift wrap or foil. Level cake top.
- To make boot, beginning from a short side, cut a 2-in.-wide strips.
- Cut strip into two pieces, one 5-1/2 in. x 2 in. and one 2-1/2 in. x
- 2 in. Cut a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. strip from the large rectangle.
- To assemble base of boot, center the 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. piece
- widthwise on board 5 in. from bottom. Place remaining large
- rectangle on the right side, forming a backward L. Place the
- 2-1/2-in. x 2-in. piece under the long strip, forming the heal, and