Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and entertaining is one of my favorite things to do. My entire family loves these cute apps, especially my kids, which makes the recipe extra-special. —Rachel Ruiz, Hurlburt Fld, Florida
Featured In: Ghost Halloween Party
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, divided
- 4 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, taco seasoning and salsa. Stir in beef, cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup olives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll one pizza crust; cut into 25 circles with a 2-in. biscuit or round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining pizza dough. Reroll scraps to form 50 balls.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon beef mixture on the center of half of the circles. Top with remaining circles; pinch edges to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; gently shape into ghosts. Brush with egg whites; press two dough balls into sides to form arms. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese; top each with sliced olives for the eyes and mouths.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Boo-rito Bites in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p72
Reviews for Boo-rito Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review