- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, divided
- 4 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, taco seasoning and salsa. Stir in beef, cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup olives.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll one pizza crust; cut into 25 circles with a 2-in. biscuit or round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining pizza dough. Reroll scraps to form 50 balls.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon beef mixture on the center of half of the circles. Top with remaining circles; pinch edges to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; gently shape into ghosts. Brush with egg whites; press two dough balls into sides to form arms. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese; top each with sliced olives for the eyes and mouths.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Boo-rito Bites in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p72
Reviews for Boo-rito Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review