There's nothing scary about making or eating these cute cookie pops. Take 'em to a school party or a fall bake sale, and they will be the star of the show!Krissy Fossmeyer, Huntley, Illinois
30 ServingsPrep: 2 hours + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Food coloring of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy; add almond paste. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix
- well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut out with floured 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Insert skewers or sticks. Bake at 375°
- for 7-8 minutes or until firm. Let stand for 2 minutes before
- removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk. Gently spread