Boo! Cookies Recipe
There's nothing scary about making or eating these cute cookie pops. Take 'em to a school party or a fall bake sale, and they will be the star of the show!Krissy Fossmeyer, Huntley, Illinois
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Food coloring of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; add almond paste. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with floured 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Insert skewers or sticks. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until firm. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk. Gently spread icing over cooled cookies; allow to dry completely. Tint remaining icing with food coloring. Decorate as desired; allow icing to dry. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Boo! Cookies in Ultimate Halloween 2010, p42
Reviews for Boo! Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review