Bonnie's Blueberry Muffins Recipe
I combined a favorite yellow cake recipe with a muffin recipe to come up with this light, sweet muffin when we first opened the restaurant in 1980. At that time, we were the only ones int he area who served muffins. Now many restaurants feature homemade muffins, but somehow my blueberry variety has always remained a favorite with our guests.—Bonnie Ebenhoeh, Heritage House, Chesaning, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional melted butter and sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Blend in the milk, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Brush tops with additional melted butter; sprinkle with sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC