Bonnie's Blueberry Muffins
I combined a favorite yellow cake recipe with a muffin recipe to come up with this light, sweet muffin when we first opened the restaurant in 1980. At that time, we were the only ones int he area who served muffins. Now many restaurants feature homemade muffins, but somehow my blueberry variety has always remained a favorite with our guests.—Bonnie Ebenhoeh, Heritage House, Chesaning, Michig
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional melted butter and sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, beat eggs. Blend in the milk, butter, nutmeg and
- vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Fold in
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes. Brush tops with additional melted
- butter; sprinkle with sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.