Bonnie Blue-Barb Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and blueberries. Combine sugar, flour and salt. Sprinkle over the fruit; toss lightly. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; add filling. Dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.