Bombay Rice with Shrimp Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the soup, water, curry and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the shrimp, onion, walnuts, coconut, raisins, apple and rice. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 367 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.