Bombay Rice with Shrimp
A co-worker whose family is from India shared this delicious recipe with me. I’ve served it many times at family get-togethers, and the mild curry flavor and pleasant sweetness are always well received. —Sherry Flaquel, Cutler Bay, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the soup, water, curry and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the shrimp, onion, walnuts, coconut, raisins, apple and
- rice. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 367 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.