Bombay Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and legs, skin removed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack or coat with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (4 ounces cooked dark meat) equals 255 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Bombay Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.