Bombay Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and legs, skin removed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack or coat with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 255 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Bombay Chicken
"Simple and tasty!"
"I have made this recipe a few times. It never disappoints. Moist and flavorful. It stands out from ordinary barbeque sauce."
"This is one of my favorite marinade recipes. I followed the recipe exactly. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts."
"This recipe has a great balance of heat and warmth from the spices that is not too overpowering. I used boneless chicken breasts, which turned out really moist and flavorful."
"I was really excited about this recipe. I did not grill it, so maybe that has something to do with the the lack of flavor. Instead, I cooked it in a large electric skillet. I also marinated for about 12 hrs. I might try it as the recipe states next time, but if it does not improve, I will not try it again."
"The marinate didn't stay on the chicken it just melted off. My chicken find,t have much flavor."
"This recipe was GREAT! We had a cookout at work today. My boss picked this one out of my magazine and I did all the prep yesterday. Needed two grills to cook all, but it was worth it! The only thing I changed was the skinless part of the chicken we all love the skin on chicken here! I guarantee I will be making this one again. Had to double the recipe to feed all, but it was wonderful!"
"I made this for myself at least a year ago.. and just made it for my folks and sister with her family. It went over real well.. but they requested that I make it with chicken breast instead. Both times that I made it, I baked it.. since I used chicken thigh, I cooked it at 350 degrees for 45 min. Yummy!"
"I made this while camping. I pulled the chicken out of the bag and put it into a grill basket, then onto the fire it went. It was very easy, and quite a tasty treat to have around a campfire!"
"I made this with boneless chicken breasts instead and marinated it for 48 hours. It was the best BBQ chicken we have ever had!This will definately be a regular summer recipe in our house!"
"This chicken had good flavor! Unfortunately my grill wasn't working last minute so I had to broil the chicken instead. I assumed this would have a spicier kick to it because of all the pepper seasonings it requires but I only tasted a hint of spiciness."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. It was tender, juicy, and had a very good flavor. This is a keeper."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.