This grilled dinner always turns out moist and tender. The marinade has a Middle Eastern flair, giving the dish a zesty flavor. It makes a beautiful presentation as well.
-June Thomas of Chesterton, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and legs, skin removed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack or coat with cooking spray before
- starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes on
- each side or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 ounces cooked dark meat) equals 255 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium,