- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and legs, skin removed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack or coat with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bombay Chicken
Sort By :
"Simple and tasty!"
"I have made this recipe a few times. It never disappoints. Moist and flavorful. It stands out from ordinary barbeque sauce."
"This is one of my favorite marinade recipes. I followed the recipe exactly. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts."
"This recipe has a great balance of heat and warmth from the spices that is not too overpowering. I used boneless chicken breasts, which turned out really moist and flavorful."
"I was really excited about this recipe. I did not grill it, so maybe that has something to do with the the lack of flavor. Instead, I cooked it in a large electric skillet. I also marinated for about 12 hrs. I might try it as the recipe states next time, but if it does not improve, I will not try it again."