- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and legs, skin removed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack or coat with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bombay Chicken
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite marinade recipes. I followed the recipe exactly. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts.
This recipe has a great balance of heat and warmth from the spices that is not too overpowering. I used boneless chicken breasts, which turned out really moist and flavorful.
I was really excited about this recipe. I did not grill it, so maybe that has something to do with the the lack of flavor. Instead, I cooked it in a large electric skillet. I also marinated for about 12 hrs. I might try it as the recipe states next time, but if it does not improve, I will not try it again.
The marinate didn't stay on the chicken it just melted off. My chicken find,t have much flavor.
This recipe was GREAT! We had a cookout at work today. My boss picked this one out of my magazine and I did all the prep yesterday. Needed two grills to cook all, but it was worth it! The only thing I changed was the skinless part of the chicken we all love the skin on chicken here! I guarantee I will be making this one again. Had to double the recipe to feed all, but it was wonderful!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >