Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 pound fully cooked ring bologna
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add tomatoes, sauerkraut, potatoes, caraway and sugar if desired; mix gently.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut bologna into 1-in. chunks; arrange over vegetables. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 306 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew
"The flavor is very good. The potatoes were hard and I kept it in the oven an extra 10 minutes."
"Loved the flavor."