Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew Recipe
This old-fashioned stew conveniently bakes in the oven, so I can put it together and forget about it.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 pound fully cooked ring bologna
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add tomatoes, sauerkraut, potatoes, caraway and sugar if desired; mix gently.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut bologna into 1-in. chunks; arrange over vegetables. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 306 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2014
"Loved the flavor."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC