- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 pound fully cooked ring bologna
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add tomatoes, sauerkraut, potatoes, caraway and sugar if desired; mix gently.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut bologna into 1-in. chunks; arrange over vegetables. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew in Country Pork 1996, p42
Reviews for Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2017
"The flavor is very good. The potatoes were hard and I kept it in the oven an extra 10 minutes."
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2014
"Loved the flavor."