- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 pound fully cooked ring bologna
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add tomatoes, sauerkraut, potatoes, caraway and sugar if desired; mix gently.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut bologna into 1-in. chunks; arrange over vegetables. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew
Sort By :
Loved the flavor.