Bold Bean and Pork Chili Recipe
This tempting chili is big on flavor and really very simple to prepare. Sometimes on a Sunday, I'll get a good start on it—up to where it's time to add the beans. Then the next day, I'll take it out of the fridge and finish it off in just a few minutes. Viola—dinner is quickly served! —Natercia Yailaian Somerville, Massachusetts
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil; drain. Add onions; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender, stirring several times.
- 2. Skim fat; stir in beans. Simmer 15-30 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired thickness. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cup equals 364 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,585 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Bold Bean and Pork Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC