Depending on what I have at home, I sometimes use only the sunflower kernels or almonds in this salad. The recipe makes a big amount, perfect for cookouts or reunions. --Stephanie Marchese
- 1 head bok choy, finely chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles, broken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine bok choy and green onions; set aside. Save seasoning packet from ramen noodles for another use. In a large skillet, saute the noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in butter for 7 minutes or until browned. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Add to bok choy mixture.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bok Choy Salad in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p54
Reviews for Bok Choy Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review