- 1 head bok choy, finely chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles, broken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine bok choy and green onions; set aside. Save seasoning packet from ramen noodles for another use. In a large skillet, saute the noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in butter for 7 minutes or until browned. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Add to bok choy mixture.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Bok Choy Salad
"I could easily eat this salad at least once a week, and never get tired of it. --Anne Metzler, Riverton, WY"
"Amazing salad and so simple to make"
"My daughter and I have both made this salad several times, and it is always a big hit. The crunchy texture of the nuts and seeds together with the sweet-sour asian dressing are a delicious mix. I usually use napa cabbage instead of bok choy; it makes a better slaw. I like that the recipe does not use the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles, so there is no msg."
"I add broccoli slaw to the salad. Excellent dressing!"