Bok Choy and Radishes
This is such a great-tasting, good-for-you recipe. The simple dish capitalizes on the flavors of spring. —Ann Yarber, Goldsby, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 head bok choy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut off and discard root end of bok choy, leaving stalks with leaves.
- Cut green leaves from stalks. Cut leaves into 1-in. slices; set
- aside. Cut white stalks into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook bok choy stalks in butter and oil for 3-5
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the radishes, shallot,
- lemon-pepper, salt and reserved leaves; cook and stir for 3 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.