Bohemian Pot Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add beef; turn to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown roast over medium heat in oil on all sides. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the water, tomatoes, caraway seeds, onion soup mix and bay leaves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3 hours or until roast is tender.
- 3. Remove roast to a serving platter; keep warm. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Discard bay leaves. For gravy, combine water and flour until smooth. Add to the cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Bohemian Pot Roast
"I have made this for years and has been a favorite of our family sine I made it first."
"I have been making this recipe for years and it is a winner every time. It is perfect for kids coming home from college but you aren't exactly what time they will arrive. The same for company. Just make mashed potatoes, a vegetable and side salad and you are all set!"
"IThis is my new go to pot roast. My family and friends absolutely adore it. The gravy is to die for. I definitely increase the amount of gravy I get with this winner!!!"
"WOW The caraway seed really make this recipe! This is a 5 star dinner, for sure. I made it with baked potatoes and coleslaw."
"This is the easiest and best pot roast ever! I have been making this for years now, and it's always a hit!I have given this recipe to many brides at their showers, for a dish that will certainly please their new husbands!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.