Bohemian Beef Dinner Recipe
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Additional paprika
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef; dredge or shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown the beef in oil in batches; drain. Add the onions, garlic, dill, caraway, paprika and water.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Heat sauerkraut; drain and spoon onto a serving platter. Top with the beef mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 442 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1321mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Bohemian Beef Dinner
"Something different to put over sauerkraut."
"This is tasty. Just takes a bit of time on the stove top!~ Theresa"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.