Bohemian Beef Dinner Recipe
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Additional paprika
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef; dredge or shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown the beef in oil in batches; drain. Add the onions, garlic, dill, caraway, paprika and water.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Heat sauerkraut; drain and spoon onto a serving platter. Top with the beef mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 442 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1321mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Bohemian Beef Dinner
"Something different to put over sauerkraut."
"This is tasty. Just takes a bit of time on the stove top!~ Theresa"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.