Bocconcini & Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (8 ounces) bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls), drained and sliced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 12 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a small resealable plastic bag. Add the cheese; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette.
- Meanwhile, place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Drain and discard marinade from cheese. Combine marinated cheese and strawberries.
- Top toasts with salad greens and cheese mixture; drizzle with reserved vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Bocconcini & Strawberry Bruschetta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p221
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bocconcini & Strawberry Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review