Bob's Crab Cakes
When I had my first crab cake, I was hooked from the first bite. I tried many recipes, adding and taking out ingredients until I found what I was looking for. I've used this recipe for more than 30 years.Bob Kolwyck, Germantown, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add
- crab; mix gently. Form mixture into eight balls; flatten slightly.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the crab cakes in oil for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 8 crab cakes.
Nutritional Facts: Two crab cakes (prepared with egg substitute and using nonstick cooking spray instead of oil) equals 213 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.