Bob's Crab Cakes Recipe
- 2 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add crab; mix gently. Form mixture into eight balls; flatten slightly. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 8 crab cakes.
Reviews for Bob's Crab Cakes
Sort By :
"delicious. I lowered the glycemic index by using oatmeal instead of bread and added red and orange peppers. went great with brussel sprouts and cauliflower"
"Delicious and so easy. Makes exactly 8 patties which all fit into one skillet. Seems to be missing something though...maybe onion?"
"These are very good. My only complaint is the nutrition figures. They are NOT based on the exact recipe but on using substitutes. Figure them only on the recipe as written."
"I cut the recipe in half and used salmon instead of crab. They turned out great - moist on the inside, crispy on the outside."
"my mouth was watering for these,when I tasted them it lacked a lot of flavor and were overly moist hard to turn in the pan,easy to put together and cook"