This is an easy-to-make, eye-appealing dessert to serve around the holidays...or anytime of year. Kids of all ages will enjoy it.Joan Tracht, Huron, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 18 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup red-hot candies
- 6 small tart apples, peeled, cored and halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, combine marshmallows, sugar, water and candies.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until candies are
- dissolved. Add apples. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until
- apples are tender, gently turning once. Add lemon juice. Cool.
- Yield: 12 servings.