Teri Lindquist of Gurnee, Illinois gives a special treatment to canned peaches by filling them with a fluffy pink cream cheese mixture. "This light and pretty dessert is a family favorite that comes together in almost no time at all," she writes.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- Drain peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Place one peach half on
- each lettuce leaf. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese,
- confectioners' sugar, cherry juice and reserved peach juice. Stir in
- walnuts. Spoon into peach halves; top with cherries. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.