Blushing Peach Pie Recipe
"Red-hot candies give the filling in this pie its rosy 'blushing' color," reveals Bobbi Reiman of Greendale, Wisconsin. Her husband, Roy (publisher of Taste of Home), ranks this beautiful fruit pie as one of his all-time favorite desserts and requests it often.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg; add to peaches and toss to combine.
- 3. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with red-hots; dot with butter.
- 4. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC