- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg; add to peaches and toss to combine.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with red-hots; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBlushing Peach Pie
"This is the best peach pie ever! We love the hint of cinnamon and the pink color from the red hots. It's a family favorite and I make it often in the summer."