- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg; add to peaches and toss to combine.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with red-hots; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Blushing Peach Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p65
Reviews for Blushing Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2010
"This is the best peach pie ever! We love the hint of cinnamon and the pink color from the red hots. It's a family favorite and I make it often in the summer."