Blushing Peach Jam Recipe
My husband, son and I live on 10 acres where we tend a large garden and acres of pumpkins. We love this jam so much we're going to start growing raspberries, too.
- 2 cups crushed peeled peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a Dutch oven, combine the peaches, raspberries and lemon juice. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add extract. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 4 pints.
Originally published as Blushing Peach Jam in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p56
Reviews for Blushing Peach Jam(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 3, 2013
wonderful combination of flavors. you can't buy cool flavors like this at the store!
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2012
I mixed in some black berries when I was a little short on raspberries. O....m....g.... I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2009