Blushing Grapefruit Sorbet Recipe
Not overly sweet, this sorbet is a hit at the holidays, when there’s plenty of citrus fruit on hand. Try it as a light, summer refresher, too.—Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated grapefruit peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice, chilled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Strain and set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit and lemon juices and sugar syrup. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 188 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Blushing Grapefruit Sorbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC