- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup Amaretto, divided
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add egg yolks until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into five portions; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll out four portions into 6-in. circles. Press into 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, crumble remaining pastry; toss with almonds and sugar. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, cranberries, cherries, sugar and 3/4 cup Amaretto. Bring to a boil. Add blueberries; cook 10 minutes longer. Combine cornstarch and remaining Amaretto until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into crusts; sprinkle with crumbled pastry. Bake at 400° 10-15 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in Amaretto. Cool, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over tarts. Yield: 4 tarts.
Originally published as Blushing Fruit Tarts with Amaretto Truffle Sauce in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p188
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blushing Fruit Tarts with Amaretto Truffle Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review