Blushing Apples Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- 10 to 12 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water, sugar and candies to a boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 3 minutes or until sugar and candies are melted. Add apples; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until apples are tender but retain their shape. Remove apples with a slotted spoon. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spoon into center of apples. Chill. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Blushing Apples
"I remember making these in HomeEc class also...My Mom put another spin on this one...She used the same filling but used two canned or poached pear halves and stuck them together with the filling in the hole remaining from coring out the seeds....She stood the two pear halves, now resembling a whole pear, on a bed of lettuce with a dollop of mayo and a whole clove for a stem on the pear...Very pretty pear salad.."
"We made these apples in Home Ec class when we hosted a dinner for our parents. So pretty they were and tasty! We were so proud of ourselves and our parents were proud of us, too. I think even our teacher Mrs M, who was hard to please, thought we did well. Happy memories! Just thinking about it makes me want to make this recipe again."