Blushing Apple Cream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add apples and stir gently to mix. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust; place over apples. Seal and flute edges.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 477 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.