Blushing Apple Cream Pie
The area where we live used to be an apple orchard, so we and our neighbors have apple trees in our yards. I received this recipe from my sister more than 25 years ago, and it's still popular in our family.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add apples and stir gently
- to mix. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Roll out remaining
- pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust; place over apples.
- Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples
- are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 477 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.