You’ll feel like you’re in an upscale Italian restaurant when you serve this entree with a pleasant lemon tang and a savory garlic and herb cheese sauce. No one has to know what a cinch it is! —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 carton (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir the spreadable cheese and pureed tomatoes into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon juice and remaining oil. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain pasta and serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blushing Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blushing Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review