Blues Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the beef and seasonings just until mixed. Shape into eight thin patties. Sprinkle half of the patties with blue cheese; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Grill 10-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning occasionally. Drain the mushrooms. Serve burgers on rolls topped with mushrooms. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 552 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.